Applications for the Summer 2023 program were due by by Feb. 20, 2023 and are now closed. We are now reviewing applications and will update applicants in early-mid March.
Project categories. As part of your application, you will be asked to indicate which projects and project categories are most interesting to you. Projects are categorized into three different types:
–Computational/Quantitative. These projects are computer-based and involve activities such as modeling and analysis of data collected from online sources or previously collected in the host lab.
– Empirical. These projects will mainly involve data collection from either laboratory-based or field-based projects.
– Combination of Empirical (lab- or field-based) and Computational/Quantitative (computer-based) projects.
Note that these are general descriptions, and the actual project done by a student may differ from these descriptions after discussions between students and mentors.
Eligibility. To participate in the Population Biology of Infectious Diseases REU Site @ UGA, you must be planning to return to an undergraduate degree program in the subsequent fall. Particularly, you must not have graduated or expect to graduate in the year of the program. Additionally, you must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
Applications by students from Minority Serving Institutions and / or majoring in biology, computer science, ecology, mathematics, and statistics are especially encouraged.
Application instructions. To apply to the Population Biology of Infectious Diseases REU Site @ UGA:
- Read project descriptions carefully.
- Complete the application form below.
- Submit your most recent undergraduate transcript (unofficial copy okay) to email@example.com, with your name in the subject line.
- References may be contacted by our staff, but letters do not need to be submitted automatically.
**Please note: If you have submitted an application to another REU Site using the NSF Common Application, we will not have access to that application. For your application to Population Biology of Infectious Diseases site to be complete, your transcript will need to be submitted directly to us at the email address above.
**Additional projects may be added to the list of available projects up until the end of January. If you have already applied but want to update your preferences based on new projects that become available, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.